Wednesday, October 31, 2007

My Family is Growing Again


Well, not my immediate family. We are happily expecting our fourth grandson this spring. That's his picture there. He has yet to be given a name.

I'm so very happy for my son and his lovely wife, and the little brother to be, Liam. I miss being pregnant. Sometimes I try to remember what it was like to have those little feet scroll across my belly. It's a magical time.

Girl babies are a rarity in my husband's family tree. His father's family was made up of four boys and one little girl, who died early. His own family consisted of three boys. We have, by birth, that is, one girl and two boys. Baby X's mom said that she told my son that he is just so manly that he doesn't have any X chromosomes. (Aren't men with YY chromosomes violent killers? Read that somewhere.)

Can't wait to see Liam's baby brother. Too bad they live so darn far away.

No comments: