Wednesday, October 17, 2007

About being happy

I've been studying "The Secret" even before it was known as "The Secret." Like for several years. But the movie, of the same name is a quick explanation that I watch at least once a month.

The cool thing about the movie is that each time I watch it I come away with new insight into my own life and how I can build my world the way I want it. The secret is a step by step process you can learn, and positively affect every aspect of your life. Be Happy!

For those of you who haven't become part of the phenomena, The Secret talks about "the Universe," which many of the teachers will tell you is just another name for GOD. Like attracts like. Your thoughts create your universe. If your thoughts are all about the fear of getting cancer, you are attracting cancer. If your thoughts are about how grateful you are for your fantastic health, you'll have fantastic health.

You can't, however, think, "I am so grateful that I do not have cancer." THAT would attract cancer.

Believe it or not, I'm not trying to change anyone's minds. I'm just reporting on my own experiences. I'm not trying to TEACH anything, either, as you simply cannot drag a person into happiness. It's up to each person to find their own path in life, and if they want to continue to think negative thoughts and create a negative world, there is nothing I can do to change that.

The one thing that I can say, is that the VERY best way you can create the life of your dreams is to 1. wake up each morning and think of all the things and people for whom you are grateful. Think of all the things that make you happy.

Finding ways to keep yourself in a HAPPY state is probably the best thing you can do for yourself. Say, This day I will be happy and friendly and helpful to everyone I meet. That way, you will be attracting good things into your life.

It works for me. You don't realize how good you'll feel if you spend time appreciating the little things, the flowers you see along the road, the beautiful puffy clouds, you child's artwork, your spouse's hug, a child's smile. The appreciation makes you happy. And the happiness attracts more happiness.

I'm putting a quote here every day now. I get them by email and it's a great way to start my day. Here's today's quote:

>>The best thing you could do for anyone that you love, is be happy! And the very worst thing that you could do for anyone that you love, is be unhappy, and then ask them to to try to change it, when there is nothing that anybody else can do that will make you happy. If it is your dominant intent to hold yourself in vibrational harmony with who you really are, you could never offer any action that would cause anybody else to be unhappy.<<

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Hey dusty - here's what I'm putting out to the universe - a new job for dh with a specific salary increase and opportunity to work in a different (specific) state. Think it'll work?!