Tuesday, May 27, 2008

New Kitty

About a week ago I was out of the house and after doing the one thing I absolutely HAD to do, on the spur of the moment I decided to visit the pound to look at kitties. Now we already have two cats, Daisy and Clifford, and they, beside my husband, are my bed buddies at night. Very cuddly and warm. But they are getting old. Both are about 11 years old.

Now I know from previous cat ownership that I probably have another 8 years with the two of them, but for a couple years I have been on the lookout for the perfect unique kitten. I visit the pound maybe three-four times a year, and until last Saturday I wasn't able to find a really unique cat.

So I walked into the cattery nursery and BOING. There was this adorable totally all white baby sleeping in a mesh condo-like thing handing from the ceiling. I picked him up and he cuddled right into my arms and went to sleep. It was love at first sight. He's a medium hair kitten, so he'll going to be an extra special looking adult cat.

After struggling for a week with cat names, I said to myself, the heck with what everyone else thought, I was going to name him Sweetie. Nobody liked the name...

After cuddling eighteen newborn human babies, the youngest now being almost 15, this kitten fills a mothering need in me which probably will never stop. But since I really don't want to adopt another baby, Sweetie is just what I needed.

I'll post pix of him once all the special olympics photos get downloaded and I can use the camera again.

No comments: