Saturday, January 26, 2008

Why do they do stuff like this?

It never fails to amaze me how kids would rather be sneaky than simply ask for something.

This morning Matt was out with our non res hab guy. When he got home he came to me complaining that someone had taken his blue hand barbell/weights things. So the natural culprit of course would be Jeremy. I hadn't seen him on Matt's side of the house, but Jeremy is a true sneak at heart.

So we confronted Jeremy with the missing weights, and he says "Yeah, I stole them. I took them to school." Which settled the matter with him saying he'd bring them home on Monday.

Then a little later Matt was down in Ross' room and found him with a black bag with the weights and a couple other things from Matt's room in it. If I had been smarter I would have figured that out sooner, as earlier Ross had asked Danielle to carry the heavy black bag for him to his room. (He uses crutches.)

So now Danielle is also in trouble for aiding and abetting. But I believe her when she says she didn't know what was in the bag.

The sad thing is this: If Ross had just asked to borrow the stuff, Matt surely would have lent it to him. I guess the sneakiness makes it more valuable?? I don't know.

On the other hand, nobody blew up, and if this is the worst thing that happens this wekend, then I'm a very happy mom.

No comments: