Tuesday, January 29, 2008

Butterflies again

It's warm and bright and sunny this morning. I took Jack out back and all the butterflies are floating effortlessly around the wildflowers (most people call them weeds...) Butterflies make me happy. They are a bright spot in my day.

When it's cold out or rainy or just plain overcast, you don't see any butterflies They stay home I guess.

Hanging around several times a day waiting for Jack to find just the right spot to poop on gie me lots of time to think. Often solutions to my problems will pop into my head, or I'll think of something wise (or at least wise for ME.)

This morning the butterflies reminded me of what I've learned from the Law of Attraction. Just like butterflies don't come out in dreary depressing weather, neither do good things happen in your life when your mindset is dark, dreary and depressed.

It's like "The rich get richer and the poor get poorer." It also means that the happy get happier and the sad get sadder. Or the angry get angrier.

If you only did one thing (and this does work for me) and that was to concentrate on the good things that have happened to you, and think about the good things that you want to happen in your life, you'd find marvelous changes happening in your life and the lives of those around you. Unexpected solutions appear. Really.

Happiness is catchy. Satisfaction is catchy. But Anger, Fear and Frustration also are catchy.

If you want your kids to be happy and content, dig for the happy part of your own personality and display it. Give thanks to God for the good things all day long. This may sound Pollyanna, but my life has turned around because I do this daily. Because I'm happy, things happen that make me happier.

Little things, like a raging kid, don't bother me. A broken window doesn't bother me. Try it. Refuse to let anyone drag you into their pit of anger or hopelessness or negativity.

No comments: